SOCIALIZE, ETC. TWITTER / FB / LINKEDIN / PORTFOLIO / GAWKER MEDIA

2.14.2010

quality over quantity.









As a person constantly comparing media entities as brands and content aggregators, this comment on Forbes was surprisingly compelling to me.

Metaphor conversion: McDonald's are broadly-focused media outlets and cheeseburgers are their stories.

Plenty of online publishers function as powerhouses to pump out news stories in an almost mechanic way, but a plethora of headlines doesn't necessarily correlate to quality coverage. I've learned to appreciate niche blogs and media outlets for serving up a certain degree of expertise and savvy for specific subjects, resulting in more unique perspectives.

Bottom line: I don't want flimsy cheeseburgers from mechanic media when I can get a Kobe beef burger with the works from a niche news publisher.

Make sense? It does in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment