SOCIALIZE, ETC. TWITTER / FB / LINKEDIN / PORTFOLIO / GAWKER MEDIA

2.21.2010

cheeky chiquita!

Chiquita Banana's branding recently got a facelift – ok, it just got a face – from Art Director, DJ Neff. In an interview with design:related, he tells the story of nailing the universal insight for the whole Chiquita campaign: "Further thinking led us to giving bananas personalities and how all bananas start out good but eventually go bad (and for consumers not to let that happen). "Don't Let Another Good Banana Go Bad" was the through line of our campaign and it was incorporated into all of our work."

I diverted from my intended career path (making ads in an ad agency) due to a loss of tolerance for the exhaustive creative process to nail that perfect idea (majored in Creative Advertising; all my friends are at portfolio school to be part of an art director/copywriter team). Neff's fresh perspective reminded me while I love innovative thinking and why advertising strategies fascinate me.

Great read.

I discovered this via Under Construction's Brand New – Opinions on Corporate and Brand Identity Work.


No comments:

Post a Comment