SOCIALIZE, ETC. TWITTER / FB / LINKEDIN / PORTFOLIO / GAWKER MEDIA

6.03.2009

font choice defining personality.




Clearly I'm a fan of welovetypography.com (wlt) as established by the random insertion of images with type throughout this blog, not to mention showing that I actually find fonts for fun.

Love of fonts is a curse and a gift.

Writing surrounds us and therefore different font choices made by someone who thinks they know what looks good. Sometimes they do and its a great joy to recognize that font on that random billboard as being Helvetica Neue, but the spotting of a font used from the standard Microsoft Office set can be pure torture.

Being skilled with font knowledge is a gift because it helps me define myself, other people, companies by their logo design, etc. For examples, I'm a sans serif, all lowercase kind of girl. The occasional pairing of all caps sans serif with all lowercase slab or regular serif can be fun to. In colloquial terms, it means i'm contemporary/modern, sometimes more casual, and (I like to think) sleek.

What are you? Gut impulses here only, please.
Sans serif? (without the little tails on the letters, i.e. Helvetica)
Serif? (with the little tails, i.e. Times New Roman)
Slab Serif? (I really can't think of a common slab in the Microsoft Office font library)

Lowercase?
Uppercase?
Combo lower/upper?
Sentence case?

One of my favorite fonts - Filosofia Unicase. It's on my resume, mmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment